Mayonnaise
Arschgaudi

Bikes: Merckx Team SC, Masi (fixed), Merckx Cyclo-Cross

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
I Need To Gain Weight

I’ve had a rigorous training and racing season that is now coming to an end (I do hope to extend it with a bit of Cyclocross racing).

I’ve lost a lot of weight. I don’t say this in a good way. I’ve always been thin, but this year I lost about 10% of my total body weight and my body mass is in the low 5’s. I don’t usually fluctuate more than a pound or two and my weight has been very consistent for 30 years, no matter what I eat. 10% is a lot for me.

My wife says I am too thin. Co-workers have asked me if I was loosing weight and did I feel okay?

I went to the doctor just to make sure and he said I was fine. When I told him about my riding schedule he understood why. He said I was thin in an athletic way, proper for what I have been doing all summer.

I try (and often succeed) in watching my diet. I try not to eat too much junk.

Which brings me to my question. I’ve got to put some weight back on but I want to do it in a healthy way. I don’t want to eat Chuck’s Bar Be Que every night (well, I do, but you know what I mean). And I’m not too interested in eating more protein powder than I already do. I want to eat real food if possible.

I plan on staying as active as possible in the fall and winter, so I’m still going to burn my fair share of calories, but I need to bulk up in the best possible way.

Any advice for me?