buro9
fuelled by vodka

Bikes: Serotta Nove, Bob Jackson Pista, Cannondale CAA8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eyefloater
Edit: I don't have a good read on it though. If it's a soap opera thing, **** it and let everyone split off. It was nice to have a larger active community for awhile, but not if it's going to revolve around some cliquey drama. The Toronto guys are a pretty laid back (and much smaller group) so I don't have a reference to what the "scene" in other cities is like.
I don't mean it as a soap opera thing... and if you look at the site you'll see all of the big forums are represented too, that bit was easy because there's only a few of those places and Google returns them all within the first page or two.

It's more that if it's going to happen (and it appears to be), then it would be cool to be able to have a place to quickly lookup the local ones that are harder to find, as well as a way of sharing the big ones for total newbies.

I travel loads and move about a fair bit, very soon I'll be shifting from London to Chicago. The constant in my life is cycling. So this just helps others like me find the forum they want quickly. Be it a forum the size of BFSSFG, or a small one just for Stockholm riders.

I am not telling people where to go, or where not to go. Just presenting a list of all of the places that are notable or sizeable, and letting people make their own minds up by showing them what is out there. For that reason, nothing on FGF has any style or flavour towards any place or size of place, and it's just a factual list of URL's.