Thread: A first!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-07-06, 02:18 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by tlong
Very cool! Also, I wanted to tell you how jealous I am! I moved to the Atlanta area about 1 year ago after living in NC nearly all my life. We are happy here, but I do miss home. Moore County is absolutely my favorite place on the planet! I have played Pinehurst 1, 3, 5, 6, and 7 and a lot of the surrounding courses. Golf is my first love! Our dream has always been to buy land there and build houses for the whole family...The consolation is that there is cheap golf here and a great cycling group to ride with! Let me know when they have that next year and maybe we could meet up...I would love to do that one (not quite ready for that one over at Grandfather Mountain! )
The Tour de Moore always on Labor Day so pencil it in for next year. You should be very familiar with the terrain and they do a nice job with the ride. Like you, I've played those courses as well as Mid Pines, Talamore, Pine Needles, Tobacco Rd, The Pit and #8. Still trying to get a "sponsor" to play #2....

Maybe we could do a golf/cycling trip!!