Thread: Swift folders
View Single Post
Old 09-08-06, 11:19 AM
Paul Braithwait

Location: Carlisle, in England's Lake District, just a few miles south of the border with Scotland.

Bikes: A Bianchi C2C road bike, a steel framed touring bike and a Xootr Swift folder which has made the rest redundant!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Pictures

Just thought I would post three pictures of my Xootr Swift to show how I have customised it. The 'bar stem is a 100mm Kore which gives me a little more reach. The bar ends are Ergon R2 Race Series and provide comfort for the hands. A Topeak 'bar bag (which converts into a bum bag) is attached to a 'T' bar at the base of the stem riser and also provides a home for my mini-pump. The saddle is a Fizik and the pedals are lightweight platform units complete with toe clips, straps and reflectors.

Behind the seat is a Carradice Tour bag which I have now removed as I thought it was too big and did nothing for the Swift's appearance. I now use a Rixen-Kaul system which is neater but large enough for my needs. I am not sure about the bottle holder. It has a Q/R fitting so I can remove it to fold the bike but it is bulky and stands proud of the seat tube. It holds the bottle fine but I'm not keen on how it looks.

Overall I love the bike and it has relegated my racing machines to the sidelines - infact I plan to sell most of my stable of bikes and just use the Swift. The only "fault" I can find is the quality of the paintwork as I seem to discover another small scratch every time I ride it! The Swift has made me rediscover the pure joy of riding a bike and I plan to spend many hours and miles with my new "best friend".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
SSCN3002.JPG (66.6 KB, 291 views)
SSCN3000.JPG (66.8 KB, 181 views)
SSCN3001.JPG (65.9 KB, 202 views)