Old 09-10-06, 12:44 AM
pennycjc

Bikes: '99 Trek 6500, Motobecane Immortal Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from OKC. Long, boring intro ahead...

Although I have always owned a bike, I have never done a lot of biking. I currently own a Trek 6500, which I bought when I was in college. It is about six years old but I probably only have a few hundred miles on it.

After joining the military, I have let myself get into the worst shape of my life. I have had a hard time motivating myself to get back into shape and am hoping cycling will hold my interest. My commander is big into cycling, which got my boss back into it, and the fever is catching around the squadron.

I am sure most of you "real" cyclists will question the bike I ordered, for it is from an internet bike company. My boss, a former sponsored racer and former bike shop mechanic recently bought a Motobecane with full Dura Ace components and he seems to like it. He told me to get the Immortal Pro so, being a good troop, I did. I am not sure what to expect quality wise, but there are a lot of experienced riders in the squadron that can help me with my bike setup and maintenance. It should arrive this week or next. I have not slept well lately because I am so excited about it.

My goals are to get back into shape, meet new people, and be able to go home on leave and make my dad look bad next time I ride with him. (It is hard to keep up with a recumbent bike on a mountain bike.)

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited by pennycjc; 09-10-06 at 11:40 AM.