Old 09-13-06, 11:51 PM
KnhoJ
Mister Goody Two Shoes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HardyWeinberg
I noticed that the 20% coupon from performance, yesterday, was applied only to the purchase price, but tax and shipping were based on full pre-coupon price. Grrr...
Me too. That's okay if it's a "rebate" which is applied *after* the transaction. This was a coupon, applied to the total BEFORE the transaction was completed. Whoopsie. The shipping is a gray area, since it can be described as a "service", and therefore taxable. However, most honest businesses delegate that unnecessary paperwork to the company providing the service, for example, UPS or FedEx.
They went out of their way. This requires extra work, and is an unnecessary added expense for customers. There is only one reasonable reason any sane business would go out of their way to do this.
The Washington State Department of Revenue is going to be hearing from me. The more complaints they get, the more likely they will be to apply some undesirable attention. If a thorough audit reveals that Performance is not remitting the extra taxes, that's tax fraud.

I got nailed for over 11% on my very first, and last purchase with Performance. Wasn't such a good deal after all.