Old 09-14-06, 09:46 AM
N_C
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fordfasterr
I just used my cell phone camera, its a motorola phone.

I called the local PD (non-emergency #) in that city and they would not take a report over the phone. The lady told me that I would have to go back to the scene, and then call the emergency # again to have an officer dispatched to take a report. She said that they will take a report if I use that method.

If I have time, I may just do that this afternoon.
Then do so. At the very least it will be on record just make sure you have a printed version pic of the plate you took. I would also download the pic to your computer hardrive & keep it. Who knows maybe this guy goes through that intersection often & he is a repeat offender at running the stop sign.

I may be reading to much into this, but it is also possible he saw you, a cyclist, & blew the stop sign as a result. Then when you confronted him he reacted the way he did as a result of that. What did his wife say or do when he was mouthing off to you & you stuck your tongue at him?

Does Florida have a state bicycle advocacy group? How about a local one? I ask because you may be able to post this on a web site & make it public. If there is not an advocacy group I would use this incident to start a local one. Citing the story behind the creation as this incident. Put his plate number on the site for all to see.

I would also spend the money at the DMV to find who this guy is & get his driving record. Maybe his record will show incidents proving this is not an isolated thing. As long as you pay the fee it is public record. From there you will have his address or access to it. Ride up & down his street if you can. Form a protest & a parade with other cyclists on your bikes in front of his house on the public road because of the way he drives. This is all legal provided you follow the guidelines for doing so & no harm can come to this person as a result. It is not stalking, it is a concerned citizen taking action against a bad driver legally.