The Figment
The Wheel is Turning

Bikes: '05 Novara (REI) Bonanza

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wintermute
hmm, the outlook seems overly not-good. On Long Island, I pretty much have to drive everywhere, and there's tons of SUV drivers (myself being one of them). So that seems a wash. I've heard that the traffic is really horrible down there, possibly worse than NYC commuter traffic. Since there is no commuter rail line option, I really don't like the sound of that. Poor education is pretty much a deal-breaker.

I'm sure there has to be some great things about the Atlanta area.

The fact of the matter is there really isn't a middle class in New York anymore. There's got to be someplace where one can live the American dream.
I'm a L.I. Native (Valley Stream,Garden City, Huntington) I now reside in the Wichita Ks. area. Why would one want to live in Kansas you might ask...My House cost 23.5k,My payments are $184.47 a month(Built in 1920, 980 sq ft,Two bedroom,one bath,porch on the west and south sides,a pair of hundred year old elm trees in front on a 78x147 foot corner lot)we don't get the snow like you do in the winter (Bicycles and Motorcycles are ridden all year) the economy is not too bad (It has its ups and downs, Lots of aircraft and manufacturing factorys) reasonable schools (Tho not perfect) and as an added benifit we don't have "Traffic"problems much at all.
It is not Utopia,But find me an urban area that is,If you can call this "Urban" as it in no way compares to the idea of "Urban" like someone from L.I. might be used to.
Move to the Alanta area...Oh Hell Nooo!!! Way too much traffic,Too crowed,too violent,poor schools ect and the five counties around Alanta are SOOOO Suburban and over developed. Here in Ks. it takes me twentey minuets to ride my bike out into the country lots of riding here!!
In fact I put less than ten miles a week on my car!