Old 09-17-06, 09:06 AM
jwc

Bikes: Specialized (2) Trek 400, Raleigh 3spd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by catatonic
I've gotten my share of "Go Lance"s, "I love you"s, "work it, sexy a**"s and the various hoots and hollers.

...still the one moment that I laughed so hard I almost fell over, some drunk passenger in a cavalier zipped by and he popped out of the window, shaking his fist in the air while shouting "Git R Done!" at the top of his lungs....I don't know why, but I had to pull both hands off the bars, start shaking them in the air, and holler back "Gimme a beer!"....dude slowed down and tossed me a beer

...I never expected that

That's hilarious. Living in NC, I'm surprised that hasn't happened to me.

Last year when I first started riding again (after surgery), I got a lot of "Lance" comments, especially from my boss. After a few months, everyone accepted it. Now, I mostly hear: "I wish I could ride to work"; "You ride to work? Man..that's great". The best compliment was from a customer who called to ask me a question about his bicycle. He told me he started riding 15 miles every morning because every time he came to the dealership, he noticed my bike parked next to the service desk and he was inspired to start riding again.

Strangely enough, I overhead my boss talking to a friend of his this past week. Seems he just bought a bike and started riding it. He hasn't mentioned it to me, I'm thinking he is a little embarrassed since he was the main culprit for the "Lance" zingers.