View Single Post
Old 09-17-06, 09:43 AM
spambait11
Señor Mambo

Bikes: TST roadie, Cannondale CAAD 3, Surly Karate Stokemonkey Leap, Tern Cargo Node, Helix Alfine; 36er and 29er Triton Unicycles; a couple Bike Fridays; one Brompton; RadPower Radburro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by ajmancus
One point of clarification, when you say dip, I'm guessing you mean tongue of the trailer? Is it just a minor annoyance or something more?
Yes to your answer - sorry about that. Just to clarify, when I mentioned "dip," I was thinking about two things:

(1) Most trailer towarms seem leveled for bikes with rear wheels of 26" or more. Thus on a bike with a 20" rear wheel, the trailer is not level but has a slight decline. That's more what I meant by "dip." This decline is not a problem for me, but may be a minor annoyance for the boys since they're sitting at a slight downward angle. However, the seatbelt will hold them in steady, and both love to ride in it.

(2) Without a kickstand, when you lay the bike on its side, the nose of the trailer "dips" all the way to the ground such that you have to bend lower to get the kid out. This is more of a pain when they're sleeping.