Old 09-18-06, 10:34 PM
Cyclist0383
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Alrocket
I was quoted 500 euros ($635 USD!) for a Cross Check (frame only) in my LBS. Built up with Tiagra, 850 euros, excluding wheels.

They were trying to talk me into a Kona "Jake the Snake". Holding the Jake... well, I've see heavier water bottles - empty! The comparison was to a Surly Steamroller, and they said the Cross Check was even heavier again than the Steamroller.

You guys are right though, every single thing I've read about the Cross Check has been positive. I'm going to ring that Edina Bike crowd and see if I can convince them to ship international.

Some of the other stuff they were suggesting - a complete Trek 520 (great bike) - 1,275 euros (1,619.43 USD), complete Ridgeback Element 800 euros (1,016.26 USD) (I've never heard of this one, but I like Ridgebacks, especially Velocitys). I asked them for a price on a built up Poprad.
Damn, that's pricey! I picked up a Long Haul Trucker from this place in Germany for a lot less. Their Cross Check, after shipping, will be 100 euro less than your store. That's a huge amount. http://www.bike-components.de/catalo...0bdd603ce7eea8