View Single Post
Old 09-19-06, 12:03 AM
markf

Bikes: '93 Bridgestone MB-3, '88 Marinoni road bike, '00 Marinoni Piuma, '01 Riv A/R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I agree with 8bit, Ortlieb handlebar bags are extremely well made and so are all their other products. I'm not sure I'd want to cram everything I needed for a 2-3 day trip into a bag on my handlebars, though, I think it would make the bike steer funny.

Jandd (and possibly a few other companies make really nice seat bags in a range of sizes that will go onto any saddle. Rivendell and Carradice make seat bags in a wider range of sizes that require loops on your saddle (a la Brooks saddles) or there are adaptors available that let you mount these bags on saddles without loops. Wallingford Bicycle Parts, Peter White Cycles and possibly a few other places carry these adaptors. The Jandd bags are really nice modern nylon bags with zippers, well made, sturdy, and reasonably light. The Carradice and Rivendell bags are beautiful old school canvas and leather contraptions, very sturdy but a bit on the heavy side. The bigger Carradice and Rivendell bags are HUGE, you could go cycle camping with them.