Old 09-19-06, 02:03 PM
dobber
Perineal Pressurized

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hairlessbill
I don't think you can get a red one in this year's model. Only black or green. I ride a 54 Cross-check and I am 5'8" with a 29-30inch inseam. But I don't plan on doing any Cyclocross with it. Mostly roads with some fireroads riding. The frame fits great. I was going to go with a 52 but my bike shop recommended staying with my road size so I did. I test-rode an older (Red!) used 50cm but it was way too small for me. I would have had to use a wicked long stem to fit it to me (like a 14cm) and that seemed dangerous. It was a sweet deal though ($500.00 for a single-speed setup) so I had to try. And the post would HAVE had to be a 350mm+ to get enough length for me.

Hope that helps.

Here's what it looks like, fitted for me:
http://www.indra.com/homepages/hairl...urly_right.jpg
Nice

Heres my opther Check outfitted for commu-touring. Just goes to show, similar height but different inseams can change the setup (looks like I got a bit more seatpost exposed, my inseams a 31")
This is Africa, 1943. War spits out its violence overhead and the sandy graveyard swallows it up. Her name is King Nine, B-25, medium bomber, Twelfth Air Force. On a hot, still morning she took off from Tunisia to bomb the southern tip of Italy. An errant piece of flak tore a hole in a wing tank and, like a wounded bird, this is where she landed, not to return on this day, or any other day.