View Single Post
Old 09-19-06, 06:13 PM
Serendipper 
(((Fully Awake)))

Location: ~Serenading with sensous soliloquies whilst singing supple sentences that are simultaneously suppling my sonnets with serenity serendipitously.~ -Serendipper

Bikes: Guerciotti Pista-Giant Carbon-Bridgestone300- Batavus Type Champion Road Bike, Specialized Hardrock Commuter, On-One The Gimp (SS Rigid MTB/hit by a truck)- Raleigh Sports 3-speed,Gatsby Scorcher, comming soon...The Penny Farthing Highwheel!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maurice
The seller ought to clarify that Dave Moulton didn't build that frame, but it doesn't look like he actually is trying to fool anyone. If I am not mistaken, Moulton started Fuso, and he is certainly associated with that marque, so to use his name in the listing title seems to make sense. The description doesn't state anywhere that Moulton was the builder, unless I missed that?

It's considered a lie by omission. Add to that the use of the word "rare", and he assumes the bid would be (rightfully) high due to the scarcity of Dave's frames.

Hard to believe someone would come into possession of a valuable object without knowing what it was. If that were the case he simply would list the bike as a "Fuso".

Reminds me of people selling late model Tiffany lamps as works by Tiffany himself. They know exactly what they are doing. Misrepresentation is not allowed on Ebay.

無上甚深微妙法 .... 百千萬劫難遭遇..... 我今見聞得受持