Old 08-29-03, 04:41 AM
nathank
cycle-powered

Bikes: '02 Specialized FSR, '03 RM Slayer, '99 Raleigh R700, '97 Norco hartail, '89 Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yes, if your parents own a home you're PROBABLY covered... there are exceptions on different policies (like if you're over a certain age, like 25 or something) and limited to max values on certain things (usually jewelry and custom parts --- i.e. if you have a bike worth $500 and put $3000 accessories on it you might be SOL)...

have your parents check their policy - also check the deductable - it's either $0, $250 $500 or more - i think $500 is typical. i lowered mine to $250...

if you're not on your parents' then buy Renters... for bikes and computer should run you around $60-110/yr with a $250 deductable covering up to say $10k... costs more if youse raise the cap or lower the deductable. (im basing just on what i have paid, so can vary)

i was in college and someone broke into my girlfriend's apartment and stole her camera, my radar detector (wow, that was a while ago, eh?), plus her bike and it got all paid for after a $250 deductable - even though we lived 200 miles from her parents.

often Homerowners/Renters will cover stuff stolen OUT of your car when your auto insurance will only cover stuff permenantly installed (like CDs, camera, radar detector)