voldemort
Sheik Yerbouti

Location: in the state of Confusion, formerly from state of Denial

Bikes: 2006 Trek Pilot 2.1, Jamis Sputnik 2009

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
So...I was logging on just to get some friendly advice regarding trying my first century, the Pumpkin Pie Ride, in Ottawa IL, and I found this very cool option. The more I read, the more I thought it sounded like a good time. I thought an organized supported ride was my best bet (before finding this), but I don't know a soul doing the Pie ride. Of course, I also don't know any BF members either (yet). I rode about 95 miles yesterday, and feel pretty good today aside from a sore butt and neck. (Before that , my top rides have been 65, 60, 55, 50, and 45, all about one time each, and not all this summer in prep for a century). But I also took it really slow, taking about 8 hours to finish. Am I going to be dragging up the rear trying to stay with you guys? A half century is NOT an option for me, unless AD&D (accidental death or dismemberment) prevent me from finishing. I've been aiming for this since last May. I know I can ride a little faster, I just didn't want to fry out my legs with lactic acid (made that mistake big time on a half century, before I knew any better) and have to crawl or drag my bike the last30 miles. But I figure people support versus SAG and formal food stops will be much more helpful overall. Besides, I'd like to get to know some of the other locals to maybe do some future riding together.

Voldemort