View Single Post
Old 09-23-06, 12:17 PM
Retro Grouch 

Bikes: Catrike 559 I own some others but they don't get ridden very much.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 364 Posts
I'm not fond of mini-pumps. I suppose they really will generate the pressure that you want but, as you have found, they don't move very much volume with each stroke so they require a lot of strokes to get there. A guy my age might not have that much time left.

As Operator indicated, the road morph is hard to beat for functionality. The biggest drawback that I can see is they're a little clunky looking.

Lots of folks still rely on the venerable Zefal HPX. I've got a couple but I haven't had to use one for at least a couple of years. They'll get the job done and I think that they're a little better looking than the road morph. No hose, however, so you have to brace the pump head with your hand or you'll tear your valve stem off at the base.

I've been mostly using CO2 for the last several years. It's relatively expensive to use, but I only average one or two flats per year. Plus, it's faster and easier to use by far than any pump that you can carry on your bike so it's great for a lazy guy like me.