View Single Post
Old 09-25-06, 06:06 AM
KnoxBreezer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We wanted to let everyone know what a great time we had at the rally. This was our first tandem event, and we'll be attending many more! It's a blast being on the road with 90 tandems! From what I gather, this rally is small compared to some of the larger rallies (Midwest and PacNW).

The routes were nice, definitely a bit easier than our local terrain. We enjoyed visiting the Alston House, it's always a treat when your route includes a good destination, rather than just a loop ride. Gotta say, those last 10 miles or so before lunch on Saturday killed us, pretty solid climb with a pretty solid headwind.

This was our first time in a tandem paceline... talk about exciting! My wife was also pretty stoked (pun intended) about the 45mph we hit on the downhill Sunday (the hill near where lunch was served on Sat). That's a record for us, but I'm sure many of you have seen speeds higher than this.

Stoker is already talking about training harder and faster for the rallies next year so we can keep up with the lead group. We hung on for a while on Saturday, all the way to the dam... but that crew is FAST and we just couldn't do it after that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
str_2006_us_x.jpg (88.0 KB, 73 views)