View Single Post
Old 09-25-06, 04:01 PM
Air
Destroyer of Wheels

Bikes: Surly LHT, Dahon folding bike. RIP Nishiki Sport, Downtube IXNS, 1950's MMB3 Russian Folding Bike, MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
I was hoping someone would start a thread like this - I would have but I started a bunch and didn't want spam the boards

OK - 262 checking in. I ultimately want to get down to 220. I'll take 240 by the end of the year. I've been using fitday, keeping below 2500 and below 70 grams of fat (man when people drag me out and order bar food I just can't say no!). I do a 30 mile ride 1-3 times a week (unfortunately lately more like 1 but will hopefully bump that up), ride around town between 3-5 days a week, and swing dance (fast!) for a few hours a few times a week as well. One time for kicks I put on my monitor and hit my max HR - I've NEVER hit my max HR on my bike. Amazing how much more energetic that stuff is!

I have questions about caloric intake - but I think I'm going to ask it over here and keep this one motivational in nature.

I say we check in once a week with weight - seems to make it easier to do (at least for me).

bdinger - one thing I will say is be careful about the beginning. I lost 17 pounds when I started in May but haven't lost anything since. Also, if you keep your caloric intake too low your body goes into starvation mode and will add it on the first chance it gets. General is much gradual, I'd argue (again, over here) that you probably need more calories. According to this you shouldn't drop below 1500 for a male (if you're a female 1200 is the cutoff).

This is a great tool too.

It's the year of the enema!