Old 09-25-06, 06:52 PM
margoC

Bikes: Caloi MTB, Raleigh heritage international

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 29 Posts
Whew!

I googled electra towney and found this thread, I read though all 13 pages! I am 49 and have been riding bikes since I was a child. I've had a murray "10 speed" 2 peugots, a ross, a viner, and now a raliegh international and a jamis nova. I had a couple of nice mountain bikes but do not like being stuck in the same postion, road biking is more comfortable to me, except for the wrecks.

I consider myself a pretty serious bicyclist and today I just dropped some coin on an Electra Towney, I got one with 27 inch wheels. I got it because sometimes I don't like to ride fast, it would be nice to just hop on the bike without my shoes gloves and riding diaper. I only live 2 miles from work and plan on riding my towney to work. I used to scoff at beach cruiser riders until I realized they were out having fun and enjoying the outdoors, and while they were not exerting themselves as much as I do on a good fast ride they are still out getting a little exercise and having fun. Riding was starting to become a chore for me and the towney is a way of making it fun again. Now I realize the beach cruiser gang is on to something and differant types of riding are not mutally exclusive, I can enjoy crusing as much as my fast bikes. I like the look of the electras and townies as well.

I will later post pics to prove I am not a towney executive to statisfy the buzz kills in this thread.