Old 09-26-06, 09:24 AM
Jashue

Bikes: '05 Madone 5.2, '12 Cervelo P2C

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As a wine nut (no, really!) and a fanatical cyclist, I am absolutely green with envy.

I was wondering what wine producers you may have visited.

Also-- did all that eating and drinking compromise your daily rides much? I went on a wine tour of Germany (the Mosel River valley), and throughout the week I was there, all I could think about was how much I would have loved to have my bike there. But we were drinking so much that none of the rides would have been very good (save for the wonderful views). Granted, I was there on business with a bunch of other wine distributors so it was our "job" to consume large amounts of wine, but it was so good that I have a hard time imagining it in any other way!

Tuscany... now from what I understand, the food there has few if any rivals (Piedmont, maybe? Alsace?)... I salivate just thinking about it.

You say that you were riding Madones... your own, or were you provided one? Could you bring your own if you wanted? I have an '06 5.2 that I have fantasized about riding in Europe since I got it. I was just wondering about the extent to which the folks with Trek went to setting you up with the proper fit etc., etc...

Congrats on a great time!