Old 09-26-06, 10:18 AM
R900
Double Secret Probation

Bikes: Madone 6 series SSL, Cannondale CX9, Trek TTX, Trek 970, Trek T2000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, the tower is open again, although we didn't go up (I guess we should have).

I'll need to double check with my wife on the local wines we sampled. No, the eating and drinking blended very well, I even lost about pound or two. Yes, the Madone 5.2s were provided, although you can bring your own if you want. A couple guys brought seats and even seatpost. They have enough stems to dial you in if you have a decent idea of your basic fit.

You will love Italy, Florence by Bike rents decent road bikes for 35 euro a day, they also have maps and I think tours. Getting out of Florence on bike is the only tricky part. Might be worth taking a cab out before you start to ride. The language is not problem, for instance at the bike shop they spead excellent english. It takes about a day to figure our road signs, etc... Most people involved with tourist have the basics down. Have some change for the pay restrooms. Use a debit card for cash withdrawals, most places take visa/MC. You will have a great time. Try to spend at least one day on a couple small villages.

Last edited by R900; 09-26-06 at 12:11 PM.