Old 09-27-06, 06:57 PM
N_C
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ryanparrish
I think that locking them up in jail just clogs the courts, and the prision system. I think they need to go to jail for a short term because this gets them to realize what they did, and possibly get help if they have a drinking problem. Then when they get out of jail they still have to live with what they did. Everyone will be able to clearly see what they are who they are. They may not get a home loan because of what they did they may not get a job because of what they did.
The only way everyone will know what they did is if they are required to register as a convicted drunk driver.

In certain states, Iowa is one of them, convicted sex offenders are required to register & can not live within a certain distance of any school, daycare or public place where childern congegrate. The ACLU is pissed about this but to ****ing bad, this is one law I agree with & support.

Maybe a convicted drunk driver, whether their actions killed someone or not should be required to register & can not live within so much distance of anywhere that sells or serves alcohol.