View Single Post
Old 09-04-03, 05:59 AM
Ohio Trekker
Passing!

Bikes: Trek 1988-520 & 2003-7500, 2004 Specialized Allez Sport & Stumpjumper Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally posted by mlwschultz
Then there are the ones that just won't go by. They sit right behind us & won't go around! What's up with that?

Our development is off a main road where there are always cyclists riding and I frequently WILL NOT PASS them depending on where they are in a lane, the speed limit is 40 but reality is more like 50. I consider it a courtesy to stay behind a cyclist until such time as speed, traffic and road conditions allow. I realize part of your post is venting but am looking to see if I am doing the wrong thing by giving the bike the road and following behind and shielding the biker from traffic which is ridiculous at times?? I find myself doing the same thing all the time, on some of the hills we have down to the valley where cyclists are heading. I hold the lane and allow them whatever they want in front to enjoy the down-hill all the way. I can't communicate "Heh, I cycle too, enjoy the ride I can be patient in my vehicle", but are my good intentions offensive to the cyclist in front?