Old 09-28-06, 05:44 PM
CrosseyedCrickt
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by msheron
You are totally wrong and off base. Walk a mile in an officers shoes or a day on his patrol then post here. For every bad cop there are 25 good one's! Would you rush into a building with a gunman in your present situation and job to help someone you don't know and risk your life? I doubt very seriously. I am not defending a cop here and I think this guy who has a job as a cop may very well be a dick. But that is no reason to generalize all police officers as 25 to 1 as bad. I hope someday you really need one and see just how a job so thankless there will be a stranger willing to give his life to save your's!
Would you rush into a building with a gunman in your present situation and job to help someone you don't know and risk your life?
No, because that is not my job. That is not the CHOICE I made for myself. That is not what I get paid to do nor what I want to do. Though I have been stabbed while defending a person I didn't know, does that mean I am purer than Caesars wife? Taking that job and putting themselves in those situations are THEIR CHOICES and I have no pitty for a person who makes choices that cause them potential harm. They aren't born into that service, they chose to, and they can leave it at any momentI've learned alot from my mistakes, mostly on how the legal system works and have had run ins with many cops and police officers, and out of 50 of them only 2 have been worth a crap.
I feel I can generalize them... why? Because it's my opinion, I might be a little off, but that is still my opinion.
I'm sure there were some good folks in the German military in the 1940's too. But there are plenty of people in places such as Poland that are very happy that the rest of the world generalized them with the rest of the *******s.