View Single Post
Old 09-30-06, 08:46 AM
nostromo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Last summer I wittled down to 174lbs, this summer at the same BF I was 184lbs. Noticably thicker all over while keeping the waist still tight, more strength and power.

Over the winter the biggest change was diet where I cranked my protein higher but I had to force feed for the first few weeks, I have a lot of trouble keeping muscle on (true Ecto).

Winter training style was a combo of Westside powerlifting and bodybuilding, very heavy weights (for me) for 5-10 sets of very low reps. (3-5). Then around spring I switch to less weight, faster tempo, more reps, bit more shaping movements.

The cycling really burned off the fat much faster this summer with no hit (so far) to my strength gains. I always aim (I use a workout log) to add more weight, sets or reps to specific exercises. I only train 2x a week in my basement gym (all freeweights, power rack, etc.).

Now that I've added cycling to my arsenal plan is to add even more muscle, try to come in around 190lbs or more by next summer. The cycling did a great job of shaping up my legs (quads, hams and calves). Next summer I may try a few weeks of no leg work and really hit the bike hard to see how they look.

I've never seen a serious cyclist with poor legs...