Thread: suicide pedals
View Single Post
Old 09-30-06, 02:51 PM
BluesDawg
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
The why for me and probably others is that we don't want to deal with multiple pairs of shoes. I do use two systems, one on the MTB (SPD) and one on the road bike (Look). When I get a touring bike it will probably have SPD's. Two cleat systems is bad enough, I wouldn't want more.

Pete
I don't really see any disagreement in what we are saying. I suggested that the OP didn't need to have clipless pedals on all his bikes before putting them on one.
I also use two systems, Egg Beaters for MTB and Look for road. I don't think I would want to use the same shoes for those two kinds of riding anyway, so 2 pairs of shoes is not a problem. I would probably go with some version of Egg Beaters for consistency on a touring bike or my beater bike if I decided to go clipless there. The walking around advantages, which are a non-issue for me on the road bike, would matter more on a touring bike or the around town bike. The platform and clip pedals currently on the beater don't need special shoes. I just wear my sneakers.