Old 10-01-06, 12:55 PM
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 56 Posts
I've been watching for 8sp units, but honestly, like the look of the ones I have now better. Just wanted to confirm if it was the boss covers that controlled the indexing as I had read somewhere. (and if memory serves me right from when I put the levers on, makes sense from what I saw on the backside). I'm asking for another reason also: when I bought these shifters they were in a trade with a fellow BF member who got them from his LBS for me in exchange for a set of bar-end shifters I had. And this member specifically told me that they were supposed to be 8speed. On the way home with the shifters he lost one of the boss covers and returned to his shop for another one before sending them out to me. Upon installing the shifters, playing with them a bit, it was discovered that they were shifting only 7speeds. Since it worked pretty well I didn't say anything to him at the time. Now the annoyance of the ghost shifting is growing on me and would like to get it shifting the proper 8.

Flyte should arrive Tuesday. Unfortunately unless I win the lotto or my Holiday bonus from work is bigger than expected, it will be spring before I build her up. Have all the parts picked out, just don't have the $$ right now to move forward.