View Single Post
Old 10-01-06, 07:22 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Rent by the Hour??

Okay-this is not cycling related but one we got a HUGE chuckle with this weekend.

My wife and I traveled to a small town in NE Alabama for my 90 year old Aunt's funeral over the weekend. We stayed at my cousin's house and had all kinds of pies and cakes. Several of my cousins came from out of state that we had not seen in literally 40+ years. My cousins stayed at a small, rustic hotel that was the "better" of the two hotels in town and was the one my cousin who lived there recommended. They stayed in the hotel for two nights-Friday and Saturday.

When my relatives checked into the hotel, they were told that they could have the room with the Kingsize bed, but it came with a catch. The owners told my cousins that there was a couple that rented that room for two hours every Saturday afternoon. They told my cousins that the room would be available both Friday and Saturday nights, but they would have to check out of the room Saturday morning but could check back in later in the afternoon. They promised the room would be clean for them after the mystery couple had left.

Since this was the nicer of the hotels and there weren't a lot of extra rooms around they took the room. Of course the room became the joke of the weekend and stirred up a lot of different scenarios of who might be using the room. While my Aunt would certainly have not approved of any shennanigans that might be going on with the room, she would have loved the fact that family got together and got a great laugh out of the situation.