bobkat
bobkat

Bikes: Modified Burley Koosah, Trek Navigater folding, downtube folding

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A new recumbent fan tale

There was recently a topic on the over 50 site about prostatitis. I had maintained that a recumbent was much better if you had this condition than an upright. Doubt if I convinced any of the DF die hards, but I have to repost what I just posted over there. A story of my adventures today.
My wife and I were out riding today enjoying the changing leaf colors and Indian Summer weather when lo and behold a guy with a recumbent like mine rode by, a very unusual occurance here in ND as I am one of the few bent riders around.
Immediately he told me that he had had "prostate trouble " for years and years and hadn't and couldn't ride a bike for many years. He said somebody rode past his house last summer (probably me) and he thought "I'll bet I could ride one of those without raising heck with my prostate!" He bought one, a Burley LWB and has ridden every day since with no problems. He loved the bent!
The only problem with all this was that we met him on a fairly narrow trail and it was tough to get by him as his smile was so wide!
A fellow bent rider on a tour a couple of years ago said "we are saving the biking sport - one ass at a time!" He may have to change it to "one prostate at a time!"