View Single Post
Old 10-03-06, 07:34 AM
the5h4rk

Bikes: giant tcr c2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cheers bikewise1 The bike is a 2006 trek 1000. and yeah mine only has a double crank.

“can't use the smallest 2 cogs in the rear while in the small chainring, nor is it advisable to use the largest 2 while in the big ring. Those combinations are inherently noisy because the chain is at a severe angle and drag and wear are much greater as well”

yeah I understand this, but is a trek1000 a short chainstay ‘racing frame?’, and if u cant reach the top 2 and bottom 2 when u have a 10speed cassette then that’s fine. I only have an 8speed cassette and cant reach 3 of these in the small crank, and 4 of these in the big crank.

Thanks timcupery, I don’t really have a problem with the sora shifters atm although it would be cool to change both up n down with fingers, as for the breaks, I guess im just used to the power of mtb brakes. Excuse my ignorance, but why don’t they use Vbrakes on road bikes?? They seem more powerfull.

Atm AU$1 buys US$0.75 so I got my bike for about US$637

Im thinking the front derailleur rotational angle might be the problem. I dunno if I should be fiddeling with that tho, ill mention it when I take it in for a service.