Old 10-05-06, 08:07 AM
Saintly Loser

Bikes: Nothing special, but it works.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 8bit
I love my locking skewers. I have the Kryponite-branded ones and I haven't had any problems with them for several years. The key comes in my cycle repair baggie- because if I don't have the parts to repair a tube with then I obviously don't need the key, right? I've used them on long rides and racing also, giving my bike that super urban feel. I'm not that much of a weight weenie to care that they're a little lighter than QR skewers, but they're a lot easier to remove and tighten with my little girly hands than the QR.

Somebody's also a lot less likely to walk off with the whole bike since I can use a shorty U-lock, too. There's less chance of cutting them and almost no hope for someone who tries to pry.
My thinking exactly. I use them on my commuter bike. I use the seatpost lock, too, and I believe they also make a locking cap for threadless headsets (not an issue on my bike). The key resides permanantly in my underseat tool bag. I use a shorty OnGuard U-lock. It's so much easier and faster to lock up without having to worry about locking up the wheels.