Old 10-05-06, 08:45 AM
stevecaz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well Bladegeek gave a good rundown, the beef is right in that nobodys personnal opinion really matters, and Mrfish has good conclusions.

I wanted to "make the leap", and then SRAM insulted everyone with a $540 shifter price tag. To have a Tawainese made shifter cost at least $250 more than Italian made Record without a doubt shows price gouging and marketing stupidity. I really don't care they are made in asia, but at the same time the production costs should also be lower. Also, the Rival shifter which is the same except for the lever costs $190 less than Force. So they are charging $190 for a carbon/magnesium lever instead of aluminum. The only purpose for that $540 price tag is to say "see, see, we're better than Dura-Ace because we cost more".
Well screw SRAM.

I went with Campy Record after using Shimano for 20 years. I also think the new skelton brakes look odd, and I went with the Mavic SSC which without question are the most powerful and nicest brakes I've ever seen. They're also made to mate with Campy since there is no release lever on the brake. I like Campy, but I also liked Shimano. They both have their good points.