View Single Post
Old 10-05-06, 09:07 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Doid23
This is setting up to be a perfect fall weekend. Wife and kids are leaving to visit my in-laws, and the only plan I have is that I'll ride Saturday, Sunday and Monday, the weather is going to be 65 degrees, no winds and not a cloud in the sky. I'll roll out of the house sometime in the mid to late afternoon, ride as much as I can, wherever I feel like riding, no route just see where the road takes me. I'll probably get in over 100 miles for the three days, but if I don't, who cares. I'll ride as long as I want, stop when I want, and, if this weekend were to be truly perfect, hopefully be sitting in Yankee Stadium Sunday night for Game 5 of the Yankees/ Tigers.

Without a doubt my favorite time of the year to ride, with the leaves starting to change color, the air crisp, and the weekend to myself. Nothing like a late fall afternoon ride around the lakes, reservoirs, rivers and horse farms where I live. You may be able to match it, but you won't be able to beat it.
Absolutely agree with you here! I love riding this time of year myself! I just wish Mrs Stormcrowe was a little further along the stamina road, we'd be doing the Hilly Hndred down in Southern Indiana this weekend if she were!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant