View Single Post
Old 10-09-06, 08:32 AM
NOS88

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
And that is exactly what the posters on the commuter list have done; and pointed out the tone of this forum (as you also have described it) to others so as to not waste their time looking for any discussion about bicycle commuting. It is much more about the cutesy chatter of the tone setters and the monthly mileage logs of the AR's.

Yes, that is what they have done.... AND, made the value judgement that we should get an Instant Message account as a better way to do this... and indicated that we have endless anal retentive behavior (which is less a description of the tone and more a statement of this person's evaluative dislike of the forum's tone). No, sir. This individual didn't just decide to stay away from this forum. It seems there was a need or desire to take a shot at it as well... which I'm OK with. Take the shot, but be willing to own that this is what has happened. There is a reason that the 50+ fourm is where 98% of my time is spent on BFs. It may be that I like what is referenced as chatter. Yet, I have no desire to trash other discussions on the BF fourm.

I'm reminded of a similar mind set the exists in portions of the guitar playing population.... Gibsons are better than Fenders. OK, have your preferences, but it never ends there. Someone always seems to feel compelled to trash whatever is not their first liking.