View Single Post
Old 10-09-06, 01:40 PM
watchman

Bikes: 2001 Litespeed Vortex - Shimano Ultegra, Jamis Dakar XC- Shimano XT, Diamond Back Axis TT- rigid with drop bars and bar end shifters

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been on the pump for a few years and am very active- I'll have around 7,000 miles on the bike this year, running another marathon in feb, rock climb etc...
The pump has made all the difference in my ability to go harder for longer in everything I do. For riding I put my basal at 30% with and depending on circumstances I will lower the basal to 50-60 % an hour or more before the ride and keep it low after too. Lots of flexibility with the pump that makes control before/during/after long endurance possible.
As for carrying your pump, depends on the weather. If the temps are above 45-50 I will cary it in the middle jersey pocket. If colder below 45 or staying out in cooler weather for many hours, I have a carrier that I wear around my stomach, my body heat keeps the battery from dying and the insulin from getting too cold. If you go on Minimeds web site you can find a number of accessories for carrying your pump, some are good with adaption, some are crap.
Hope this helped.