View Single Post
Old 10-12-06, 08:16 AM
Roni Solomon

Bikes: Atala, Cannondale, Cilo, Colian, Concorde, D'Arienzo, Don Walker, Georama, Lighthouse, Marnati, Quintana Roo, Recherche, Stowe, Tommasini, Uno Pista, U. Scanini, Viner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I am curious as to how ethical this is

Okay, so I have been going to the same college for three years, and near where I live on campus there are these two bikes that I am 100% certain, have not moved for the entire duration of my college experience. One is a Nishiki something or other, and another is a Schwinn Traveller. Both bikes have already been lightly stripped, and are definitely not in any type of riding condition in their current state. Both bikes have a bit of surface rust, they have some plow damage to the rims, and the tires have begun to decay from being in the elements for so long. Would it be wrong to remove them and get them back into working order, then give them to people? For the past year, I have been finding bikes on the side of the road, repairing them, then giving them to people who need them. These two bikes appear to be just as abandoned, however they are locked to the side of a building, thus my moral dilemma. I know stealing is wrong, however, these bikes appear to be forgotten completely. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.