View Single Post
Old 10-22-06, 03:58 AM
bokes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I bought a Speed P8. Returned it to the LBS hours later after i rode it up the first hill. The steering felt way to twitchy for me. Soon after I called Bike Friday up and ordered a NWT. Brought it for a month long tour in Sweden and it rode great with 30 lbs of gear, but ride was a bit too rough on the gravel and cobblestone roads. So when i got back i ordered a really plush suspension seatpost and softride stem and that took care of the harsh ride. Now i'm pleased.
I also had a chance to ride a Pocket Llama for a day. First I took it out unloaded and I was impressed with how well it coped with bumpy singletrack, but i had to ride much slower and needed to watch the terrain much more carefully than with 26” wheels.
Later I loaded the Llama up with 30lbs of gear and again with 50lbs. It felt a little squirelly for me, didn't feel as stable as the NWT. I concluded (for me) that the NWT's more stable ride was more important to me than the Llama's rougher terrain capability. But your mileage may vary.

Last edited by bokes; 10-22-06 at 04:15 AM.