Old 10-23-06, 05:49 PM
Phantoj
Certifiable Bike "Expert"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil from VA
I don't know anything about your frame, but you can't put a 1.125 fork on a frame that takes a 1".
The head tube on the OCR Touring certainly seems big enough for a 1-1/8" - that's what I'd use if I were replacing my fork.

You can't switch from integrated headsets to non integrated.
One of the links I posted had adapters to use non-integrated headsets in a Giant "zero-stack" head tube.

Your fork's geometry is probably set for your touring frame, so you may not be able to switch that easily. Finally, your fork is probably made to take tires 28mm or wider. Most aftermarket forks take 25mm max. Does the fork take caliper or cantilever brakes?
I don't think the original poster has the original fork. He should, IMO, get a 1-1/8" threadless with disc brake mounts, since the OCR-T is a disc-ready frame.

I don't see the need to respond with such meanness to the newbie questions. Maybe there's a history here that I'm not grasping.

I think the original poster has a Cannondale T800, so I don't see why he's building this OCR Touring, unless he's crazy about disc brakes. (As an all-weather commuter, I AM!) But I think he's been warned of the dangers of building already. So let him learn and try on his own, or offer help. But there's nothing gained by sniping at him.