bobkat
bobkat

Bikes: Modified Burley Koosah, Trek Navigater folding, downtube folding

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trek and airplanes

I have a Trek and a Downtube folder and like them both a lot! This morning I had some radio work to be done on my small homebuilt airplane (Kitfox) at our local airport and as I fly from a small grass strip about 10 miles out, I folded up the Trek, flew in to the big airport, and rode it back out! I'm sure the downtube would have folded equally well - I just took the Trek cause it was closest to the door.
There's no significant baggage compartment in a Kitfox, so folded it and bungeed it in the right hand seat along with the seatbelt to make sure it didn't flop around and hinder the controls. Worked great, although I would recommend anyone doing this to tie it down securely so it doesn't come loose at an inopportune time.
Normally with my bad back I ride a LWB recumbent! After riding the diamond folder my butt and back feels like it has been kicked by a mule.
Anyone know of any SWB folder bents, other than Bike Friday? I have a Raliegh 20 I've been thinking of trying to turn into a folder bent.