View Single Post
Old 10-26-06, 12:54 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by will dehne
Stapfam:
You see, I am trying to get you to appreciate the fine points of road biking. I was going around this park today (previously described to you), The temperature was lower 40's F (USA). The trick was proper clothing. I had one layer too many and started sweating. Back to the car, one layer off. The wind was blowing fiercely. I met some biking friends. It became a contest. I had three layers left and those layers were soaked. My friends left. I cruised around for another 50 miles. No worry about messing up my new shiny bike. Got back to the motel. Clonked out for an hour before going to dinner.
A great day for an old dog.
Will-
Beginning to aprreciate road riding- but I try to stay on the Back roads to miss traffic. Most of these are little more than Tarmac tracks linking Farm community to Farm community. Roads are not well drained so plenty of water about and mud is the usual problem. Like you- I do not like getting the road bike dirty and the MTB would be used on road rides in the winter but If I am going to get dirty-I might aswell go offroad.

MTB Lover-
Have discs on the Tandem but They are expensive and are not necessary for XC riding. I'll stay with the bianchi and V. Brakes for lightness. plus the fact that I do not need Discs in the winter as my speed slows considerably-except for downhill.

Spike Milligan