View Single Post
Old 10-28-06, 07:41 PM
billwatson58
Planet Saver

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD-10, Novara Randonee, Raleigh Super Grand Prix, Schwinn Mirada Sport winter beater

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Some may think I have an illness, but I found one of these newly posted on craigslist today and nabbed it because it was only 10 minutes from me. The labels say "Grecos" and it is of the same design - folds the same, quick releases on the steering stem and seat stem, same rack, chain guard, and fenders, front wheel generator light system, single speed. I couldn't resist at $15. It's in decent shape - the tires are real good, and it rides fine. I have another one that I've had for a couple of years that is branded as a Cinzia, which has a very similar design except the rear rack is integral with the frame.

Hey Thorsten - It's a small world, or a small world of cycling I suppose. I bought a Lepper saddle from you a few years ago. After a couple of months the weld broke and you were most gracious in accepting a return. Well the saga continued with my having a minor crash and afterwards I realized the replacement saddle was damaged - two more cracks in the welds appeared, the metal parts of the frame that extend to the sides in the rear were bent, and the leather developed creases. At that point I thought I was snakebit when it came to Lepper saddles, so I bit the bullet and got a Brooks. Could I email you a couple of pictures and have you tell me if you think it should remain a decoration in my basement or if it could somehow be repaired?