Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

race rig porn - show me your bike!

Old 12-29-14, 12:47 PM
  #4626  
Jubail
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: KSA
Posts: 29

Bikes: '12 Ridley Damocles - '14 Cannondale Supersix Hi-Mod - '16 TCR Adv. SL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ridley Damocles

Jubail is offline  
Old 12-29-14, 06:36 PM
  #4627  
CALE262
Ex Coelis
 
CALE262's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Beaumont, AB. Canada
Posts: 398

Bikes: have wheels...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is this the 41?

Originally Posted by Andy STi View Post
Just curious on why a Colnago TT bike? Is there any data on that frame? Sure it looks cool but how does it compare to a P5, D6, IA, Shiv, etc. If I'm going to drop $10k on a TT I want a fast one. Not ripping on it just haven't seen a info on that bike. It looks awesome though.
After doing a Guru pro-fit this was one of the choices that fit me well and were UCI legal. I like Colnago and if I'm going to drop ten grand plus on a build, its going to be on a bike I like... As far as all the data goes, I honestly don't care but I'm sure they are close enough and my motor is slow enough it isn't going to make much of a difference

CALE262 is offline  
Old 12-29-14, 09:48 PM
  #4628  
tetonrider
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,449
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy STi View Post
Just curious on why a Colnago TT bike? Is there any data on that frame? Sure it looks cool but how does it compare to a P5, D6, IA, Shiv, etc. If I'm going to drop $10k on a TT I want a fast one. Not ripping on it just haven't seen a info on that bike. It looks awesome though.
you won't find a lot of data on it. you can infer why that may be.
tetonrider is offline  
Old 12-29-14, 09:51 PM
  #4629  
tetonrider
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,449
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you titled your post "is this the 41"....your post is exactly what makes me think it is.

you'd be surprised--not all TT frames are "close", and if going as fast as possible on a TT bike doesn't matter, what does?

(i'm all for people spending whatever they want on a bike -- and one they like at that -- but to dismiss aero data when someone asks the question in the racing forum is missing the point, IMO.)

Originally Posted by CALE262 View Post
After doing a Guru pro-fit this was one of the choices that fit me well and were UCI legal. I like Colnago and if I'm going to drop ten grand plus on a build, its going to be on a bike I like... As far as all the data goes, I honestly don't care but I'm sure they are close enough and my motor is slow enough it isn't going to make much of a difference
tetonrider is offline  
Old 12-29-14, 10:38 PM
  #4630  
CALE262
Ex Coelis
 
CALE262's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Beaumont, AB. Canada
Posts: 398

Bikes: have wheels...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tetonrider View Post
you titled your post "is this the 41"....your post is exactly what makes me think it is.

you'd be surprised--not all TT frames are "close", and if going as fast as possible on a TT bike doesn't matter, what does?

(i'm all for people spending whatever they want on a bike -- and one they like at that -- but to dismiss aero data when someone asks the question in the racing forum is missing the point, IMO.)
Are you here to show me your bike?

I'm pretty sure there are already lots of threads out there joisting back and forth with TT bike wind tunnel data of which I have little to no interest engaging in, this thread that I chose to participate in is titled "race rig porn - show me your bike!"... If I do show future interest in discussing TT bike aero data I'll be sure to find a thread on the topic or start a new one for said topic. Thanks for your valuable insight.

Last edited by CALE262; 12-29-14 at 10:42 PM.
CALE262 is offline  
Old 12-30-14, 12:08 AM
  #4631  
tetonrider
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,449
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CALE262 View Post
Are you here to show me your bike?

I'm pretty sure there are already lots of threads out there joisting back and forth with TT bike wind tunnel data of which I have little to no interest engaging in, this thread that I chose to participate in is titled "race rig porn - show me your bike!"... If I do show future interest in discussing TT bike aero data I'll be sure to find a thread on the topic or start a new one for said topic. Thanks for your valuable insight.
even if the STi part is no longer relevant, andysti is a long-time member here, and he asked a legit question--an honest one--about the aerodynamics. fair game, IMO. i'm sorry the reactions thus far to your bike pic haven't met your expectations.

with a weak motor, aerodynamics are even more important. it's exactly what zipp and all other manufacturers note: a slower rider saves even more time because they're on the course longer.

(edited--"STi" was converted to "sit" in the original.)

Last edited by tetonrider; 12-30-14 at 09:33 AM.
tetonrider is offline  
Old 12-30-14, 01:06 AM
  #4632  
CALE262
Ex Coelis
 
CALE262's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Beaumont, AB. Canada
Posts: 398

Bikes: have wheels...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tetonrider View Post
even if the sit part is no longer relevant, andysti is a long-time member here, and he asked a legit question--an honest one--about the aerodynamics. fair game, IMO. i'm sorry the reactions thus far to your bike pic haven't met your expectations.

with a weak motor, aerodynamics are even more important. it's exactly what zipp and all other manufacturers note: a slower rider saves even more time because they're on the course longer.
I have no expectations of response, I even answered andysti's question quite honestly. Sorry you're all butt-hurt, get well soon.
CALE262 is offline  
Old 12-30-14, 09:35 AM
  #4633  
tetonrider
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,449
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CALE262 View Post
I have no expectations of response, I even answered andysti's question quite honestly. Sorry you're all butt-hurt, get well soon.
had to reach pretty far for that one, eh?

it's true that you answered andy's racing-related question, with a sarcastic title to your post; ironically, your response fit the 41 bill, inadvertently. it made me laugh.

in god we trust; all others bring (aero) data.
tetonrider is offline  
Old 12-30-14, 10:54 AM
  #4634  
CALE262
Ex Coelis
 
CALE262's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Beaumont, AB. Canada
Posts: 398

Bikes: have wheels...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tetonrider View Post
had to reach pretty far for that one, eh?

it's true that you answered andy's racing-related question, with a sarcastic title to your post; ironically, your response fit the 41 bill, inadvertently. it made me laugh.

in god we trust; all others bring (aero) data.

Irony...In true 41 fasion you have yet to provide a single on topic post... thus I have to conclude you are only here to troll, feel free to continue as im done feeding you.
CALE262 is offline  
Old 12-30-14, 11:12 AM
  #4635  
hack
Senior Member
 
hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 3,882
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
It's a discussion board...it would make sense that the photos of the bikes would lead to discussions about the bikes in the photos. The discussion may also grow into something more than "oooooo ... that's pretty" and that is ok.

From this exchange, I learned that your bike looks cool, but may not be the most aero. We all win.
hack is offline  
Old 12-30-14, 11:16 AM
  #4636  
ips0803
Senior Member
 
ips0803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a question:

How do you like EPS considering you have it on both bikes shown? Can the K.Zero accept the v2 battery?
ips0803 is offline  
Old 12-30-14, 11:52 AM
  #4637  
CALE262
Ex Coelis
 
CALE262's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Beaumont, AB. Canada
Posts: 398

Bikes: have wheels...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ips0803 View Post
I have a question:

How do you like EPS considering you have it on both bikes shown? Can the K.Zero accept the v2 battery?
The K.Zero does not have the required charging port for the v2 battery or at least my 2014 doesn't. I like EPS enough to say that I don't see myself buying a new bike without it. I currently have three EPS bikes and plan to convert my Helium when time permits, very likely to accomidation the v2 battery.

CALE262 is offline  
Old 12-30-14, 09:32 PM
  #4638  
rkwaki
soon to be gsteinc...
 
rkwaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Nayr497's BFF
Posts: 8,564
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tetonrider View Post
even if the STi part is no longer relevant, andysti is a long-time member here, and he asked a legit question--an honest one--about the aerodynamics. fair game, IMO. i'm sorry the reactions thus far to your bike pic haven't met your expectations.

with a weak motor, aerodynamics are even more important. it's exactly what zipp and all other manufacturers note: a slower rider saves even more time because they're on the course longer.

(edited--"STi" was converted to "sit" in the original.)
I have a big motor. Does that count for anything in this thread?
rkwaki is offline  
Old 12-30-14, 10:15 PM
  #4639  
wens
Senior Member
 
wens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 3,215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rkwaki View Post
I have a big motor. Does that count for anything in this thread?
Posting more pictures of stuff you got to replace stuff you broke.
wens is offline  
Old 12-30-14, 10:41 PM
  #4640  
tetonrider
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,449
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hack View Post
It's a discussion board...it would make sense that the photos of the bikes would lead to discussions about the bikes in the photos. The discussion may also grow into something more than "oooooo ... that's pretty" and that is ok.
ya think?
tetonrider is offline  
Old 12-31-14, 07:28 AM
  #4641  
ips0803
Senior Member
 
ips0803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CALE262 View Post
The K.Zero does not have the required charging port for the v2 battery or at least my 2014 doesn't. I like EPS enough to say that I don't see myself buying a new bike without it. I currently have three EPS bikes and plan to convert my Helium when time permits, very likely to accomidation the v2 battery.

Nice Ridley also. Any chance colnago has approved instructions to drill the hole? Or could you route the charging port down under the BB?

I guess now you have to pull the seat post to charge? Sounds annoying
ips0803 is offline  
Old 12-31-14, 08:53 AM
  #4642  
rkwaki
soon to be gsteinc...
 
rkwaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Nayr497's BFF
Posts: 8,564
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hack View Post
It's a discussion board...it would make sense that the photos of the bikes would lead to discussions about the bikes in the photos. The discussion may also grow into something more than "oooooo ... that's pretty" and that is ok.

From this exchange, I learned that your bike looks cool, but may not be the most aero. We all win.
He's a Canuck.
What did you expect?
Everything is full contact...
rkwaki is offline  
Old 01-01-15, 09:06 PM
  #4643  
Andy STi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CALE262 View Post
After doing a Guru pro-fit this was one of the choices that fit me well and were UCI legal. I like Colnago and if I'm going to drop ten grand plus on a build, its going to be on a bike I like... As far as all the data goes, I honestly don't care but I'm sure they are close enough and my motor is slow enough it isn't going to make much of a difference
Ha, you're funny. Bet it goes fast on the MUT though.
Andy STi is offline  
Old 01-01-15, 09:07 PM
  #4644  
Andy STi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gotta train to race

Andy STi is offline  
Old 01-06-15, 01:23 PM
  #4645  
nayr497
Senior Member
 
nayr497's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nilbog
Posts: 1,677

Bikes: How'd I get this many?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CALE262 View Post
I have no expectations of response, I even answered andysti's question quite honestly. Sorry you're all butt-hurt, get well soon.
I think tossing around sodomy insults should result in a ban.

Using that juvenile phrase only reveals a deep lack of intelligence and, most likely, some psychological issues. It's not amusing and a downright vile way to speak or type.
nayr497 is offline  
Old 01-06-15, 01:32 PM
  #4646  
bmcphx
Banned.
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,497

Bikes: Black Incs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nayr497 View Post
I think tossing around sodomy insults should result in a ban.

Using that juvenile phrase only reveals a deep lack of intelligence and, most likely, some psychological issues. It's not amusing and a downright vile way to speak or type.
In his defense, it's an *extremely* commonly used phrase and until now I had never heard it invoke the type of feelings you just described. Furthermore, you taking it to such a serious level and being so analytical of it, even going so far as to call it "lack of intelligence" and referencing "psychological issues", is far more confrontational and insulting in my book.
bmcphx is offline  
Old 01-06-15, 02:19 PM
  #4647  
gsteinb
out walking the earth
 
gsteinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 20,796
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 58 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by bmcphx View Post
In his defense, it's an *extremely* commonly used phrase and until now I had never heard it invoke the type of feelings you just described. Furthermore, you taking it to such a serious level and being so analytical of it, even going so far as to call it "lack of intelligence" and referencing "psychological issues", is far more confrontational and insulting in my book.
Common isn't the same as proper. And it means exactly what he framed it as. And yeah it's a stupid thing to say. So chalk me up as being confrontational and insulting I guess.
gsteinb is offline  
Old 01-06-15, 02:22 PM
  #4648  
gsteinb
out walking the earth
 
gsteinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 20,796
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 58 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by rkwaki View Post
In summarizing....

Why you so butt-hurt about the term butt-hurt???

If so easily offended perhaps you should not partake in such a forum...

And to clarify:
1. I am not to smrt
2. Everyone has there opinion and freedom of speach
3. Bikers are pretty calis
4. @jsut teached me how to spell

Freedom of speech doesn't actually apply to such forums as this in any way shape or form.
gsteinb is offline  
Old 01-06-15, 02:28 PM
  #4649  
rkwaki
soon to be gsteinc...
 
rkwaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Nayr497's BFF
Posts: 8,564
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gsteinb View Post
Freedom of speech doesn't actually apply to such forums as this in any way shape or form.
Hey I self edited...
I will replace with

I had so much that I wanted to post but thought I would keep myself out of trouble...

Last edited by rkwaki; 01-06-15 at 02:31 PM.
rkwaki is offline  
Old 01-06-15, 02:55 PM
  #4650  
nayr497
Senior Member
 
nayr497's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nilbog
Posts: 1,677

Bikes: How'd I get this many?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Extremely common? Yeah, amongst amped up meatheads who throw around homophobic slurs and yet engage in homoerotic behavior. I try to just ignore it when I'm reading about macho man U.S. sports, since most followers are just that - amped up meatheads.

As a passionate cyclist, I'd like to think we're a different type. I know it's just a bike forum however I don't think there is any place for it.

Have you actually thought about what is means when someone says or types that? I have, and that's why I have such a strong disdain for this moronic phrase.
nayr497 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.