Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > "The 33"-Road Bike Racing
Reload this Page >

ToC: Tony Cruz ready to rumble.......

"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

ToC: Tony Cruz ready to rumble.......

Old 02-25-07, 12:47 PM
  #1  
erader
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
erader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: silicon valley
Posts: 1,774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ToC: Tony Cruz ready to rumble.......

tony cruz had just finished test riding his machine for the upcoming TT. he seemed like a nice guy, soft spoken and relaxed.

he stayed outside for the crowd just a little longer than most of the others, posing for pictures with his family and signing autographs.

when cruz rounded the first corner on the course he smacked his shifter with panache and you could hear the snap of the shift...that's one thing that i will always remember about the TT.

ed rader













erader is offline  
Old 02-25-07, 12:56 PM
  #2  
dmotoguy
Edificating
 
dmotoguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Portland
Posts: 2,452

Bikes: Spooky + Sachs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I like this guy.. hope he does well this season.
__________________
Cat 3 // Dylan M Howell
dmotoguy is offline  
Old 02-25-07, 12:57 PM
  #3  
geneman
rider of small bicycles
 
geneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Rochester, New York
Posts: 1,686

Bikes: Cannondale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I suspect that he's not the most popular disco member right now. From news reports, he's responsible for GH's broken arm.

From velonews.com
"Less than three miles into the race, with the pursuit already full on, Discovery's Tony Cruz hit the rear wheel of teammate Ivan Basso and fell, bringing down another teammate, George Hincapie, while Leipheimer just avoided them. It was a critical crash, not only because an X-ray after the stage showed that U.S. champion Hincapie had broken his left arm near the wrist, but also because the incident left Leipheimer with only four teammates."

$hit happens, but the almighty LA must not be happy with this.

Mark
geneman is offline  
Old 02-25-07, 01:14 PM
  #4  
GuitarWizard
Used to be a climber..
 
GuitarWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 6,844

Bikes: Ridley Fenix SL, Niner RLT-9 Steel, Diamond Back Haanjo Trail, Fairdale Goodship

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ah well....**** happens...what are ya gonna do....
GuitarWizard is offline  
Old 02-25-07, 01:28 PM
  #5  
simplify
ride, paint, ride
 
simplify's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,204

Bikes: Cannondale R300 Caad2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stunning pictures again, Ed! Thank you so much for posting them!
simplify is offline  
Old 02-25-07, 02:29 PM
  #6  
domestique
Shut Up and Ride
 
domestique's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: PA (Worst roads in existence)
Posts: 1,969

Bikes: 05 Cannondale Six 13 (Record 2008 with DT rr 1.1 rims, WI H2 Hubs and CX-ray spokes), OLMO Antares (Micx of 06 Record and Chorus), 1988 Tunturri, 1980's Fuji, 1970's Crescent (Sweeden)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ed, do you have a link to all of your pictures? You took some amazing shots and I would like to some of them on my desktop but really don't feel like going through every thread to find the best ones.
domestique is offline  
Old 02-25-07, 02:40 PM
  #7  
erader
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
erader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: silicon valley
Posts: 1,774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by domestique
Ed, do you have a link to all of your pictures? You took some amazing shots and I would like to some of them on my desktop but really don't feel like going through every thread to find the best ones.

i'll post a link later when i'm done. or you can send money and i'll get right on it.

sorry to inconvenience you .

ed rader
erader is offline  
Old 02-25-07, 02:47 PM
  #8  
domestique
Shut Up and Ride
 
domestique's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: PA (Worst roads in existence)
Posts: 1,969

Bikes: 05 Cannondale Six 13 (Record 2008 with DT rr 1.1 rims, WI H2 Hubs and CX-ray spokes), OLMO Antares (Micx of 06 Record and Chorus), 1988 Tunturri, 1980's Fuji, 1970's Crescent (Sweeden)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by erader
i'll post a link later when i'm done. or you can send money and i'll get right on it.

sorry to inconvenience you .

ed rader

No! I didn't mean to come off ungrateful!.... I just figured you had it all uploaded onto your photo-webpage, similair to this:

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...201/?start=all

Feel free to take your time, thanks again!
domestique is offline  
Old 02-25-07, 02:51 PM
  #9  
erader
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
erader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: silicon valley
Posts: 1,774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by domestique
No! I didn't mean to come off ungrateful!.... I just figured you had it all uploaded onto your photo-webpage, similair to this:

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...201/?start=all

Feel free to take your time, thanks again!

i haven't even processed half the pictures from the sierra road stage. i got in last night and it took 4 hours just to download all my CF cards onto my computer. i am putting pictures up as i process them and i will provide a link when i'm done and maybe put up some hi-res samples for those who want wall hangers.

ed rader
erader is offline  
Old 02-25-07, 04:02 PM
  #10  
bdcheung
Carpe Diem
 
bdcheung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MABRA
Posts: 13,149

Bikes: 2007 CAAD9; 2014 CAADX; PedalForce CG1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Ed, if you have a PayPal account I think there are some BF'ers who would toss a buck or so your way for your incredible efforts! I know I would!
__________________
"When you are chewing the bars at the business end of a 90 mile road race you really dont care what gear you have hanging from your bike so long as it works."
ΛΧΑ ΔΞ179 - 15% off your first Hammer Nutrition order!
bdcheung is offline  
Old 02-25-07, 04:09 PM
  #11  
erader
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
erader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: silicon valley
Posts: 1,774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bdcheung
Hey Ed, if you have a PayPal account I think there are some BF'ers who would toss a buck or so your way for your incredible efforts! I know I would!

i appreciate that but it's not necessary .

ed rader
erader is offline  
Old 02-25-07, 07:41 PM
  #12  
damocles1
The mods changed this...
 
damocles1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by geneman
I suspect that he's not the most popular disco member right now. From news reports, he's responsible for GH's broken arm.

From velonews.com
"Less than three miles into the race, with the pursuit already full on, Discovery's Tony Cruz hit the rear wheel of teammate Ivan Basso and fell, bringing down another teammate, George Hincapie, while Leipheimer just avoided them. It was a critical crash, not only because an X-ray after the stage showed that U.S. champion Hincapie had broken his left arm near the wrist, but also because the incident left Leipheimer with only four teammates."

$hit happens, but the almighty LA must not be happy with this.

Mark
Don't make stupid comments like this when you have no idea how the team dynamic works, especially when you don't know any of the people involved. Tony probably feels bad and George is likely disappointed, but there won't be any grudges held nor will Tony get lambasted by LA. This isn't junior HS football for pete sakes.
damocles1 is offline  
Old 02-26-07, 12:50 PM
  #13  
geneman
rider of small bicycles
 
geneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Rochester, New York
Posts: 1,686

Bikes: Cannondale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Which is worse, your assumption that no grudges will be held, or my assumption that this didn't go over too well in the Disco camp? People who thrive on control and success don't like to see stupid things like one teammate taking down another happen. LA is notorious for holding grudges and you're absolutely correct that I have no idea what he currently thinks about TC, but GH is out for 6 f'n weeks at a time when Disco is looking for a sponsor and a win at RvF or PR would help. GH will still be able to train, but I suspect this will hold him back. Think this is going over well in LA's mind?

LA is not that complicated of a guy. You're either with him or against him. And even if you're with him, you might find yourself blackballed on day.

Mark

<yes ... lots of assumption on my part ... isn't that what the internet is for? ... to make "stupid comments?" >



Originally Posted by damocles1
Don't make stupid comments like this when you have no idea how the team dynamic works, especially when you don't know any of the people involved. Tony probably feels bad and George is likely disappointed, but there won't be any grudges held nor will Tony get lambasted by LA. This isn't junior HS football for pete sakes.
geneman is offline  
Old 02-26-07, 12:56 PM
  #14  
erader
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
erader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: silicon valley
Posts: 1,774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by geneman
Which is worse, your assumption that no grudges will be held, or my assumption that this didn't go over too well in the Disco camp? People who thrive on control and success don't like to see stupid things like one teammate taking down another happen. LA is notorious for holding grudges and you're absolutely correct that I have no idea what he currently thinks about TC, but GH is out for 6 f'n weeks at a time when Disco is looking for a sponsor and a win at RvF or PR would help. GH will still be able to train, but I suspect this will hold him back. Think this is going over well in LA's mind?

LA is not that complicated of a guy. You're either with him or against him. And even if you're with him, you might find yourself blackballed on day.

Mark

<yes ... lots of assumption on my part ... isn't that what the internet is for? ... to make "stupid comments?" >
that must be a texas thing .

ed rader
erader is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.