"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

My twitter feed

Old 10-13-10, 05:04 PM
  #38426  
botto 
.
 
botto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 40,369
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
don't dwell on it.
botto is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 05:06 PM
  #38427  
Flatballer
No matches
 
Flatballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 11,221

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 18 Posts
tonight's movie is "Pandorum". Not expecting much, but hoping it'll be decent.
Flatballer is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 05:07 PM
  #38428  
caloso
Packfodding 3
 
caloso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Sacramento, California, USA
Posts: 38,026

Bikes: Ridley Excalibur, Gazelle Champion Mondial, On-One Pompino, Specialized Rock Hopper

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1816 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 82 Posts
Hang in there, FB.
caloso is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 05:11 PM
  #38429  
mollusk
Elite Fred
 
mollusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edge City
Posts: 10,893

Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I could post this in the "drinking"/alcohol thread or I can post it here. This thread gets more attention, so I will post it here.

On Friday I am flying into BWI and then driving to Newark, DE, to be with Spawn1 for his first "Parent's Weekend" at U Delaware . Between BWI and Newark, DE, I'd like to buy some Magners Irish Cider. Spawn1 became very fond of Bulmer's when traveling in Ireland this past summer and I'd would like to get him the export equivalent. At 19 years old he is not "legal" to buy his own in the USA, but with parental approval he could consume one or two.

Actually, I'd like it as well. It is tasty.

I looked on the Bulmer's/Magner's website and they give no Delaware distributors, but that doesn't make sense because an Irish pub in Newark. DE, that has Magners on their menu. Are they getting it from a NJ or PA distributor?

Anybody know a place where I can get this without a long excursion off of the direct path from BWI to Newark, DE by car? I know that it is a long shot, but I trust you guys.
mollusk is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 05:14 PM
  #38430  
substructure
RustyTainte
 
substructure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: 28012
Posts: 12,343

Bikes: zilch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Walked up to the house that burned. Ugly. Just ugly.
But they have a large, loving family and good neighbors. So they are well taken care of.
substructure is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 05:14 PM
  #38431  
jwible
Draught
 
jwible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4,051

Bikes: N-1 where N = number needed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flatballer View Post
tonight's movie is "Pandorum". Not expecting much, but hoping it'll be decent.
Fairly decent mindless sci fi flick. Nothing spectacular but enough action to keep you interested.
jwible is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 05:15 PM
  #38432  
Ygduf
\_(ツ)_/
 
Ygduf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 10,976

Bikes: aggressive agreement is what I ride.

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Flatballer View Post
yeah, that was the plan. I'll wait until Saturday unless I hear from her.
Sounds bad. Maybe she's busy, maybe she's not, but you need to appear to be busy and do anything but look desperate. You contacted her, she knows how to get a hold of you, and will if she wants to. Try not to worry about it, as hard as that can be.
Ygduf is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 05:16 PM
  #38433  
mollusk
Elite Fred
 
mollusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edge City
Posts: 10,893

Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flatballer View Post
"the girl" isn't looking promising. I'm kinda bummed. Everything was going great, then I called her yesterday evening, no answer. I texted her and she said she was really busy. I told her the reason I was calling was to ask for dinner Thursday night, and she said she couldn't because she was busy.

Haven't heard from her since. But she did have time to get on Match.com sometime yesterday or today. Sent her one text today asking how work was, didn't hear back.

I'm hoping she is just actually really busy, but I dunno.
Let it go. It is like a butterfly. If it comes back, it is yours.
mollusk is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 05:19 PM
  #38434  
jwible
Draught
 
jwible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4,051

Bikes: N-1 where N = number needed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mollusk View Post
I could post this in the "drinking"/alcohol thread or I can post it here. This thread gets more attention, so I will post it here.

On Friday I am flying into BWI and then driving to Newark, DE, to be with Spawn1 for his first "Parent's Weekend" at U Delaware . Between BWI and Newark, DE, I'd like to buy some Magners Irish Cider. Spawn1 became very fond of Bulmer's when traveling in Ireland this past summer and I'd would like to get him the export equivalent. At 19 years old he is not "legal" to buy his own in the USA, but with parental approval he could consume one or two.

Actually, I'd like it as well. It is tasty.

I looked on the Bulmer's/Magner's website and they give no Delaware distributors, but that doesn't make sense because an Irish pub in Newark. DE, that has Magners on their menu. Are they getting it from a NJ or PA distributor?

Anybody know a place where I can get this without a long excursion off of the direct path from BWI to Newark, DE by car? I know that it is a long shot, but I trust you guys.
Law breaker. : poke :


So what is this beer you speak of?
jwible is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 05:20 PM
  #38435  
mollusk
Elite Fred
 
mollusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edge City
Posts: 10,893

Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by substructure View Post
Walked up to the house that burned. Ugly. Just ugly.
But they have a large, loving family and good neighbors. So they are well taken care of.
This is so sad. The material things that burn up are bad enough, but so many memories up in smoke is heartrending.
mollusk is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 05:20 PM
  #38436  
botto 
.
 
botto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 40,369
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
mollusk, love means never having to indulge bad tastes in chemical beverages.
botto is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 05:23 PM
  #38437  
mollusk
Elite Fred
 
mollusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edge City
Posts: 10,893

Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jwible View Post
Law breaker. : poke :


So what is this beer you speak of?
It isn't a "beer". It is a "hard" cider.

And it is legal with parental approval.
mollusk is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 05:27 PM
  #38438  
wens
Senior Member
 
wens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 3,215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mollusk View Post
And it is legal with parental approval.
It is here, but doesn't that depend on the state?

Edit:
Magners contains 4.5% alcohol. Beer generally falls between 3.5% - 4.2%.
Sounds awfully low. It seems like beer is typically 4.5%-10% to me.

Last edited by wens; 10-13-10 at 05:30 PM.
wens is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 05:37 PM
  #38439  
jwible
Draught
 
jwible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4,051

Bikes: N-1 where N = number needed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mollusk View Post
It isn't a "beer". It is a "hard" cider.

And it is legal with parental approval.
Just messing with you. I remember when my dad bought me a six pack of Newcastle while stuck in Maine for a week. A 19 y.o. does not appreciate the pleasure of sitting still with no agenda for a week. The beer was appreciated.

--edit-- my reading comprehension skills are lacking.
jwible is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 05:38 PM
  #38440  
jwible
Draught
 
jwible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4,051

Bikes: N-1 where N = number needed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wens View Post
It is here, but doesn't that depend on the state?

Edit:

Sounds awfully low. It seems like beer is typically 4.5%-10% to me.
Ahh 3.2 beer. Is that law still in effect in Colorado?
jwible is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 05:41 PM
  #38441  
wens
Senior Member
 
wens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 3,215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jwible View Post
Ahh 3.2 beer. Is that law still in effect in Colorado?
It used to be in ohio...when my parents were that age.
wens is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 05:55 PM
  #38442  
mollusk
Elite Fred
 
mollusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edge City
Posts: 10,893

Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by botto View Post
mollusk, love means never having to indulge bad tastes in chemical beverages.
He's 19. I'm hoping that like sturdy red wines he will improve with age.

And it isn't that bad. Much better than the MD 20/20, Mateus, Annie Green Springs beverages that were popular in that age demographic when I fit in it.
mollusk is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 05:59 PM
  #38443  
hammy56
coffee-stained punk
 
hammy56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,630
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The last time I drank MD 20/20 was when I was 19 living in B-more. Oh the stories. The awful, awful stories.

I was at a punk show seeing a local B-more band called Cloaca (sp?) and was drinking (trying to drink) a bottle of MD while in the pit and chipped my own tooth.
hammy56 is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 06:04 PM
  #38444  
mollusk
Elite Fred
 
mollusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edge City
Posts: 10,893

Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hammy56 View Post
The last time I drank MD 20/20 was when I was 19 living in B-more. Oh the stories. The awful, awful stories.

I was at a punk show seeing a local B-more band called Cloaca (sp?) and was drinking (trying to drink) a bottle of MD while in the pit and chipped my own tooth.
cloaca is "one stop shopping" for all avian inputs and outputs except for food and air.
mollusk is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 06:05 PM
  #38445  
Flatballer
No matches
 
Flatballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 11,221

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 18 Posts
I yawned so hard yesterday morning that I popped my jaw. It still hurts a little bit.
Flatballer is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 06:10 PM
  #38446  
hammy56
coffee-stained punk
 
hammy56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,630
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mollusk View Post
cloaca is "one stop shopping" for all avian inputs and outputs except for food and air.
I remember they were guys dressed at chicks on stage...
hammy56 is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 06:15 PM
  #38447  
jwible
Draught
 
jwible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4,051

Bikes: N-1 where N = number needed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mollusk View Post
He's 19. I'm hoping that like sturdy red wines he will improve with age.

And it isn't that bad. Much better than the MD 20/20, Mateus, Annie Green Springs beverages that were popular in that age demographic when I fit in it.
Southern Comfort and a special fortified wine called Crazy were standards on campus my freshman year.
jwible is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 06:43 PM
  #38448  
wens
Senior Member
 
wens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 3,215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mollusk View Post
He's 19. I'm hoping that like sturdy red wines he will improve with age.

And it isn't that bad. Much better than the MD 20/20, Mateus, Annie Green Springs beverages that were popular in that age demographic when I fit in it.
At least he doesn't like 4loco. Up to that point it could be worse.
wens is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 06:44 PM
  #38449  
shovelhd
Senior Member
 
shovelhd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western MA
Posts: 15,669

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ballantine Ale. 16 oz. bar bottles.

A bar across the street from the quad, The Cask and Flagon had a lunch special, two hot dogs, chips and a 16 oz. PBR for 99 cents. This made my Materials Science class at 1pm tough to stay awake in.
shovelhd is offline  
Old 10-13-10, 06:46 PM
  #38450  
hammy56
coffee-stained punk
 
hammy56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,630
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
Ballantine Ale. 16 oz. bar bottles.

A bar across the street from the quad, The Cask and Flagon had a lunch special, two hot dogs, chips and a 16 oz. PBR for 99 cents. This made my Materials Science class at 1pm tough to stay awake in.
damn, that almost makes it worth drinking. almost.
hammy56 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.