Old 10-31-06, 07:47 PM
clipperton

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
too small bike = hand pain

hey all,

hoping somebody here can halp me with a problem i'm having which i'm 99% sure is to do with riding a bike that's a little too small for me and therefore putting too much downward pressure on my wrists and hands. the bike is a flat bar trek rst hybrid fwiw.

essentially i've recently started having a nerve sort of pain in the palm of my hand right down towards the wrist whenever i apply backwards pressure (ie. anything that pulls the finger like away from a claw position) onto my fingers (particularly my index finger).

i'm quite new to distance riding and did my first 100k + day trip on the weekend and it's only really flared up since then so i'm a little (well, actually, a lot) clueless here but thought i'd see whether anybody had experienced anything similar and if so should i be too fearful of getting back on the bike.

i'd thought to buy bar ends to give myself a higher gripping point in the interim (before switching bikes) but am worried about doing any long-term nerve damage by pushing my luck.

has anybody experienced anything/heard of anything similar and if so any happy solutions/horror stories to share?

thanks in advance.