Vitamin X

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Living in LA...

Originally Posted by petersta
Hi there,

I've been a lurker here for a while and finally got off my butt to register and post. I've been a "recreational" MTB'er for a number of years, but this years Tour De France sent me over the edge and into the world of road biking. During a routine visit to the LBS to get my MTB tuned up in the first week of August I managed to talk myself into buying a 2003 Cannondale R200. It was teh easiest sale the guys in the shop ever had

I love the bike, I couldn't believe how fast it was, particularly the acceleration. I have also developed a sadistic enjoyment of hills and canyon riding! The only downside was the razor that was masquerading as a seat - that took some getting used to.

I ride with a couple of guys who are long time roadies, and occasionally with a local bike club (LaGrange). My longest ride so far has been 60 miles, and my average speed is somewhere in the 16 - 20 mph range, depending on distance and hills.

I am English, 42 yrs old, married with a beautiful 8 month old daughter - she must get that from her mother! I have always been very athletic, and cycling is a great way to extend my fitness regime. I work for 20th Century Fox in Los Angeles, and have a cool job that pays for my new toys!! I am lucky.

Nice to meet you all,

Peter
Hi Petersta,

I'm also English and wanting to live somewhere in the States, preferably LA too. I'm currently living in Leeds, Yorkshire... I was wandering, How did moving to LA come about for you???... Was you promised the job at 20th Century Fox, Did you just meet an American woman or did you just want a change of scenery???...

Reading all the threads in the "introductions" board, makes me want to leave England for a few months and cycle around there Countries. I thought Tokyo was just utter conjestion, pollution, skyscrapers and very over populated. But the people who have joined this board who live in Tokyo have opened my eyes.

Please Reply, Cheers...