Old 11-08-06, 04:18 PM
pcates

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
haha ok agree to disagree and to agree on some points.....

yes LT is a very misunderstood term....and most people don't know the science behind it. if you're a professional (or very very serious) then you should do all the proper testing for finding your LT (as well as VO2max and MHR).........but for most people this isn't needed or an option....now back to HRM...the reason i suggested it was because i think its better to have an idea as to where LT is than not at all, and its a good pacer. If i'm doing anaerobic intervals i can look down and guage roughly where i am and i find that helpful, exertion is a subjective term, i may think i'm really pushing it and say 'yea this is hard' but it may in fact not be all that hard at all, so i know i need to really push myself.....i also find it helpful having an HRM during intervals because i know how much i can recover (down to say 65%). Now i've done tests for me MHR and VO2 so i have a good idea where my LT is. and i can set my HRM up to work with those figures.......but for those who don't....there's nothing wrong with having a HRM during workouts and saying "ahh 90% MHR" and safely assuming you're in a anaerobic state......now don't get me wrong...i'm not the sort of guy who stares at his HRM during my whole training session, but i still find it useful.

and i still strong disagree about the throwing up..........having done it in hockey a few times , and it usually means something just isn't right (ie dehydrated, low blood sugar etc).....i think its perfectly reasonable to as hard as you can and completely exhust yourself without tossing up......but hey go with what works for you

but one thing i'm sure we can both agree on is.......for best results in training.....use a power meter.

Last edited by pcates; 11-08-06 at 07:26 PM.