View Single Post
Old 11-28-06, 08:44 AM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigmark
OK, I am what I would call an oversized out of shape Clydesdale, and I am looking for a trainer that will be able to hold my 330lb behind. I would like to keep it under $200.00 if all possible. I am going to get back into bicycle shape before spring. See I have a 100 mile ride that has hung over my head for a couple of years, and I know there is still at least 1 100 mile ride left in this 43year old body.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.
Big Mark,
There's considerably more than 1 century ride in your 43 year old body! Labor Day weekend I did a sub 12 hr 167 mile ride. I'm currently training for Lotoja and plan on RAAM qualifiers next Summer. I also plan on an attempt at the W-E Indiana cross state record in June. I'm turning 47 in December and have gone from a wheelchair to distance riding in less than 2 years. I have absolute faith you can do it! Here's a pic to show the change that is possible! Click the thumb to enlarge, it's a huge image!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant