View Single Post
Old 12-05-01, 06:58 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
>>I wasn't actually planning to cycle from the airport but to take a shuttle bus with my bike package. I'd rather rent one (esp. irrespective of the hassle, the only bike I could carry is one I would hate to see something happening to) though but I don't know if it is realistic if shops are closed on Sunday. Perhaps I could rent a bike for Friday Sat and have a day around on foot or taxi Sunday. <<

There are many bike shops in the Denver area that are open on Sundays. Problem is, nothing very close to where you are staying!!

I might suggest the Englewood Bicycle Company (303 781 1162, 3546 S. Logan). Great local bike shop, knowledgeable people, AND it is just about 2 blocks from the Platte River Trail from which you have virtual unlimited riding choices - you can go 150 miles or more on great trails, both downtown, if you like, or more remotely to Chatfiled State Park or Bear Creek Park or Cherry Creek State Park. Great riding for all, and EBS should be able to give you directions, and all without riding on any kind of street.

You should be able to get to EBC easily from your hotel on Quebec. Just catch a shuttle (there is a major bus depot close by) into downtown, then catch a bus south on Broadway. Logan Street is about 5 blocks west of Broadway at and the cross street is Old Hampden.

Give EBC a call and see if they can fix you up. If the weather is decent at all, you should have great riding.